Who we are
We are Energy Systems Catapult Limited, a company limited by guarantee, and registered in the UK under company number 08705784, whose main place of business is at 7th Floor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS (“us”, “we”, “our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of the visitors, users and guests of https://es.catapult.org.uk (the “Site”).
This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) applies to all personal information processing activities carried on by the us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), we are the Data Controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site (for example: to sign up to our newsletter or download publications) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, organisation type, organisation name and e-mail address.
- We do provide an alternative way to access publications and documents if you do not wish to complete our online download form. In this case please email email@example.com to request a copy of the documents and we will send a copy via email to you.
- Information we collect about you: each of your visits to our Site may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other information, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive)
We take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data is kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold your contact details (name, email address, information about your business and other contact details) for five years from the last point of contact, provided that there is no statutory requirement to retain it for longer. We are required to keep this information for this period of time, so we are able to measure and report upon our impact on your business and the wider business sector, which is a contractual requirement of Innovate UK.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. We will only transfer your personal data to countries which provide an adequate level of protection like those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, including our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
To be informed if your personal information is being used
To access to your personal information
You have a right to get access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to do this, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
F.A.O Data Protection Officer
Energy Systems Catapult Limited
Cannon House, 7th Floor
18 Priory Queensway
To correct personal information, we hold about you
You have a right to rectification of inaccurate personal information and to update incomplete personal information. If you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us.
To have your personal information deleted
You have a right to request that we delete your personal information. You may request that we delete your personal information if you believe that:
- we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided
- we have requested your permission to process your personal information and you wish to withdraw your consent; or
- we are not using your information in a lawful manner
Restrict the processing of your personal information
You may request us to restrict processing your personal information if you believe that:
- any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate
- we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided, but you require the information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- we are not using your information in a lawful manner
Request your personal information in a portable format
Where we have requested your permission to process your personal information or you have provided us with information for the purposes of entering into a contract with us, you have a right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a portable format.
Object to the use of your personal information
You have the right to object to the processing (use) of your personal data in some circumstances, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing, which may override your own interests or where we need to process your information to investigate and protect us or others from legal claims.
To prevent automated processing or ask us to explain decisions made by automatic processing
When decisions are made about you without people being involved, this is called ‘automated individual decision-making and profiling’ or ‘automated processing’, for short. In many circumstances, you have a right to prevent automated processing.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.